Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pandemic tag

It appears that there is a highly virulent strain of blog tag going around. Alas, I have come down with this dreaded disease and must succumb to its demands. I must admit that this disease almost killed me because I am absolutely horrible at delimiting my life and making lists.

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. Peace 2. Poverty 3. Culture 4. Gospel 5. Languages 6. Nature 7. Learning 8. Family

8 things I want to do before I die:

1. Get a PhD 2. Start a non-profit when I see a need that is not being met 3. Travel to Thailand, China, Afghanistan, and New Zealand 4. Have a family 5. Create a real community/sense of social capital 6. Go to culinary school 7. See Angkor Watt 8. Do something significant to increase peace in this world

8 books I have read recently:

1. Three cups of tea 2. East of Eden 3. The color of water 4. Eat, pray, love 5. Stargirl 6. Big box swindle 7. War and peace 8. A separate peace

8 things I often say:

1. Crimeny 2. Oh, dear 3. Seriously 4. Also... 5. Blast 6. What in the world? 7. Indeed 8. Eh

8 things that attract me to friends:

1. Quick to laugh 2. Intelligence 3. Good conversationalist 4. Sincerity 5. Desire to make things happen/change systems 6. Common interests 7. Selflessness 8. Openness to try new things and help me to try to new things/think about things in a different way

8 songs and albums I could listen to over and over (Ok, this one sucks):

1. Guster - Lost and gone forever 2. Jarabe de Palo 3. Feist - I feel it all (yeah, Zina) 4. Pretty much any Mana 5. Martin Sexton - Angeline 6. Mason Jennings - Killer's Creek 7. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean 8. Erin McKeown - Hum

8 Random things about me:

1. Folding clothes is NOT my hidden talent 2. It bothers me if the shower curtain is even slightly ajar when I am showering 3. I sleep with one eye open... yeah, you heard me 4. I hate pie 5. When I was 11, I was hit by a car while walking to my friend's birthday party, but I really wanted to go to the party, so I didn't tell my parents or go to the hospital 6. I alter my routine every morning to prevent Alzheimer's 7. I went through a phase where I only spoke in an Irish accent and almost convinced myself I was Irish 8. I don't like talking on the phone if anybody can hear me, which is difficult since I talk loudly on the phone

8 people I tag:

Heidi, Jess, Mel, Laura, Katie, Nic, Ash (because the more you're tagged, the more likely you are to finally give in), Free people

5 comments:

M. said...

ha!!! remember that time at the AMAZING mexican restaurant in Georgetown and we were reminiscing about how our old apt used to argue about everyone having an OCD-and you couldn't remember the whole shower curtain thing?!!! ha!! :) oh, and even though you sleep with one eye open I still love you, and I was still your roommate. I'll think about that tag...

zlb said...

a most lovely tag response my dear heather. if we are indeed long lost gypsy twins then i determine you are the good twin, by far. and p.s. i'd happily go to any of those destinations with you or help start a non-profit. and i love 'the color of water'. xoxo

Heather Sanders said...

Mel,I know... I was laughing about that. The next day in the shower, I realized that it was true, and that I had just forgotten about it. ha!

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I would love to play tag with you Heather, but I like the kind where you touch people and run like mad. The game is simple, the rules are few. However, I am not sure what I am supposed to do with this blog-tag extravaganza. Do I answer the same questions that you answered? If so, I will have to think deeply about my answers. I don't want to be boring. You may hate pie, but you're sure as sweet as a strawberry pie! Love, Jess

Heather Sanders said...

Yes, Jess darling. You just answer the same questions that I answered. But, I won't be offended should you choose to exempt yourself. I, too, prefer the live version of tag. But, in this world of electronics sometimes this is as close as we get, eh?